Sunday, July 15, 2012

Free for All at the Grocery Store

So last week I got a gift card to a organic grocery store, and I was hoping it would be a fun free for all.  Throwing anything and everything in the cart without a care, but instead I was a penny pincher.

This week I unexpectedly had my moment.  Everyone knows you should never shop at the grocery store when you are tired and hungry...I was tired and hungry and shopping at Whole Foods.  We found bing cherries, and bought them even though we already have sweet cherries in the fridge...but they were so beautiful, and they were bings (the BEST type of cherry that's only around for a small season).  Then we started  scooping out anything and everything from the self serve bins - dried mangoes (that taste kind of like fruit roll ups), cherry vanilla granola, unsalted cashews....

And candy, when your tired and hungry candy is a must.  We bought two different brands of peanut butter cups, some caramel cups....and THE BEST lemon pound cake from the bakery....

It was madness I tell you...but so much fun.  Blair would sheepishly say "I kind of want to try that," and I'd say "then get it, throw it in...I'll split it with you..."  Which was fun and all until I discovered that we spent almost $80 on random junk food.  NEVER go grocery shopping when your tired and hungry!  (Unless your prepared for the consequences.)

No comments:

Post a Comment