Sunday, July 1, 2012

Oh no!

I have THOUSANDS of superstitions in the kitchen...
- If I cook chicken, every utensil goes directly in the dishwasher, and whatever surface came in contact with the container gets sprayed with bleach
- If anything gets put in the sink, it does not get used again
- Don't cross contaminate your butter, jelly, etc
- When ever using a wooden cutting board I try to clean it asap so bacteria doesn't have time to grow

I could go on and on about my kitchen beliefs. I'm constantly gasping at my boyfriends laid back attitude "Don't do that, are you nuts?!?!" My favorite of these was his genius idea of cooking hot dogs in the toaster...it actually sounds brilliant, until you get the the part about cleaning up. You just cooked a meat in that little metal box, how do you disinfect it?  But I will say, you can buy a specialty toaster made specifically for cooking hot dogs, so he's not the only one that thinks toasters and hot dogs go hand in hand.


Bob Blumer's Dishwasher SalmonAnyway, the reason I mention all my paranoia's is that I just read an article that tops anything I've ever seen - salmon cooked in your dishwasher - published by Real Simple Magazine!  In case your not cringing at this idea, think about how poisonous dish soap is. Just a tiny bit is enough to give a person diarrhea.  Dishwashers have all kinds of strange build up in the corners, bacteria and soap, and now they are suggesting cooking fish in that...YUCK!

Here's the link to "Bob Blumer's Dishwasher Salmon Recipe." -- And if you have the guts to try this recipe, please, please, please, let me know....I wont judge you I promise. 
*mustering best angel face possible*
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-techniques/cooking/bob-blumers-dishwasher-salmon-recipe-00000000022899/index.html?xid=yshi-RS-062012-dishwasher-uses

No comments:

Post a Comment