Friday, June 29, 2012

That's MY piece of pizza!

When I was a kid my mom use to put mushrooms on her fourth of the family pizza.  Everyone would avoid her two slices and leave the pieces right next to the mushroom ones until very last because some mushrooms would inevitably fall over the edges.

We were the kind of family that could snarf down a meal in the blink of an eye, and as a small kid many times I would have to fight to get my fair share when sharing a dish. I always thought my mom's mushroom thing was kind of genius.  She could eat as slow as she wanted, and no one would fight to take her pieces...

I think I may be following in her footsteps, because in the last six months I've learned I really like blue cheese on my pizza.  It's odd tasting, but sinfully good (and I'm sure wildly unhealthy).  But I realized today, those pieces covered in blue cheese are off the radar in my boyfriends mine, they are non-existent, no matter how hungry he may be I doubt he'd ever ask, "can I have one of those slices?"

No comments:

Post a Comment