Sunday, September 9, 2012

Booze Cakes



I hate to sound like a lush, but the BEST cookbook I own is a little book called Booze Cakes.  I've made about a dozen recipes out of this book, and not one of them has been a flop.

In general, I prefer to find my recipes online, because of the beautiful system where people can rate the recipe and add their comments...If the recipe has 1000+ five star ratings I know it will be a winner, and I always scan the comments to see if everyone is saying to cut the baking soda in half, add a splash of pineapple juice, etc.

But this little book Booze Cakes has the best pictures, very clear instructions, suggestions at the bottom of the page for 'tweaking/altering the recipe,' and as I said, I've yet to make a bad cake from this book. It's great!

I will say, some of the recipes end up being quite pricey.  Basically if I have to buy a few different types of alcohol that adds up quickly, but I'm ok with splurging when I know it will be a stellar cake!  And when you take cupcakes, a jelly roll, or a fancy cake to a party that is reeking of alcohol you know your the cool kid. Everyone wins.

In other words - BUY THE BOOK!  YOU'LL THANK ME!
http://www.amazon.com/Booze-Cakes-Confections-Spiked-Spirits/dp/1594744238/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347180460&sr=8-1&keywords=booze+cakes


If your into cakes, here's another interesting site
http://0bcb6edb2leo0w5wdvrsuzaodg.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=YUMMYARTS

No comments:

Post a Comment