Thursday, September 23, 2010

Teacup Wonders

I am in love with tea, and have an endless amount of stories I can share on the subject…but to ensure this does not become a blog solely about tea, I decided once a week I would share a photo of one of my fantastic teacups, and a random tea tale to go with it.

The “teacup of the week” was from my brothers wife a few years back.  Its one of 8 teacups and saucers in the set.  I must admit I was not happy to receive these teacups as a gift, but as life is always complicate, I think they are one of the prettiest versions that I own. 

Shortly before my brother’s wife gave me these teacups I inherited my grandmother’s mismatched teacups and saucers.  I am in love with each and every one of them, but the thought of storage was slightly intimidating.  And on my birthday, when I received that giant box filled with even more teacups and saucers, my heart sank a little bit with fear that this will become the new “thing” that everyone is going to start buying me… teacups will fill my home.  As gorgeous as they are, I must admit, teacups are not even slightly practical.  They monopolize space, you can’t stack them, and they hold such a small amount of fluid that you almost want a personal kettle to keep refilling your teacup every 5 minutes…but isn’t that the prettiest teacup you’ve ever seen?  It’s like trying to fend away a puppy, you just can’t, it’s too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment