Friday, September 24, 2010

Why is it so addicting?

Have you noticed all the new yogurt shops?  My personal favorite is Yogurtini (in the same parking lot as the plaza library).  My roommate met the owners months before the place opened, so we cyber stalked them and giddily held our breath waiting for the opening event.  On a Friday evening, months after we first discovered the concept of Yogurtini, our day had finally come.... free yogurt from 4-8.

Yogurtini is a self serve yogurt shop with 10-16 flavors of yogurt on tap, and 70+ toppings (ranging from fresh fruit, to several varieties of cereal, all the way down to endless chocolate choices, Andy’s mints, dark chocolate, milk chocolate....amazing-ness).

As one might suspect there was quite a line (with a good 50% of the population being under 4.5 feet tall)...but the line moved quickly, everyone was cheerful, and the ice cream (I mean yogurt) was to die for!  Low in sugar, high in protein, really no more dangerous than a cup of non-frozen yogurt, until you add the toppings.  Since it was free, I really loaded up....Irish Mint, Ultimate Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Cappuccino yogurt...topped with strawberries, fresh crumbled brownies, sprinkles, dark chocolate chips, shaved Andy’s mints, crushed girl scout cookies, chocolate syrup....and I'm sure a few more.

At this point you might be thinking "that sounds like an awful lot"....yeah, it was.  Maybe a little too much, but it was wonderful....and now when I go in I know exactly what I want, and am able to get a cup for about $2.50 (they charge by the pound).

Only problem is, this place is addicting.....I'm constantly trying to maneuver social events towards Yogurtini.  Whenever I go to diner with a friend, we contemplate topping off the meal with Yogrtini....and I will admit, I've gone a few times by myself.  That’s really the definition of addiction, just like with alcohol, if you find yourself eating yogurt (or drinking alcohol) all by yourself, for no apparent reason, you've got a problem.

Though I'm not quite ready to hop on the abstinence train, its fall, and pumpkin spiced yogurt is bound to show up any day now, I just know it.....oh and after that is Christmas time... I can't quit then, that’s peppermint season.  See my problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment