Friday, October 15, 2010

Indian Food

One of the things I love most about Westport is the diversity in food...one of which is an Indian restaurant called Korma Sutra.

I've been to about 15 different Indian restaurants, and honestly to this day I don't really know what I'm eating.  They have brown goo, orange goo, and green goo's...which through the years I have learned a little bit about, but for the most part I usually try to stick to the buffets, because even with the names in front of each item, I say to myself "that brown goo looks really good, I think I'll try that."

If you've never had Indian food before, it's mostly sauces and meats (there are plenty of vegetarian dishes too) but it's roast beef in a spicy brown sauce, or chicken chunks in a bright orange creamy sauce...I don't ask a whole lot of questions, I just take a tiny bit of most foods...try a bite or two of each then go back for the best of the choices.

The food is always served with rice as well as naan (a puffy flat bread with garlic and butter on top)...personally I like to use the naan almost like a taco shell, piling it with rice and the sauce covered meat, fold and eat....delish.  But you have to be careful, it's easy to fill up on bread and rice!

So the reason I'm most fond of Korma Sutra's is because their lunch buffet has everything inclusive - all you can drink mango lassies and chi tea, about 8 different entre choices with rice and naan (bread), some fresh fruit, Indian rice pudding, and slightly fried balls of bread soaked in a mild maple syrup for desert.  All for $12.

Only trouble is that I want it all...and believe me, I eat it all... of course this means I feel slightly ill for the rest of the day, and I swear to myself every time "I will never do that again"... but wait a few weeks and I find myself in the exact same spot... drinking two mango lassies, a chi tea, 3-4 slices of naan, a little bit of all 8 entries and then a second(sometimes third) helping of 2 or 3 of the entries, small bowl of rice pudding (filled to the brim), a few of those golden balls of goodness, a few orange slices, and a handful of strawberries....feeling bloated just thinking about it?  Yeah me too, but makes my day every time!

Here's their website... you can see for yourself -- brown goo, orange goo, and green goo
http://www.kckormasutra.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment