Friday, October 22, 2010

The Tea Market

A few weeks ago I was out and about with my parents, trying to come up with restaurant suggestions that would fulfill my dads desire for a cheep but fantastic steak and my moms sense of adventure that entails anything other than a steak house.  (If any restaurant comes to mind that fits the two of them simultaneously, please let me know, I'm forever searching!)

But in the process of racking my brain I used my cell phone to search for the closest restaurants....in that list a few tea stores popped up that I had never heard of...Being a HUGE tea fan, I couldn't let that slide, I had to check them out...

One of the new places was simply called the Tea Market... it's in the Crestwood shopping area (random street near Brookside that has a bunch of fantastic European style restaurants, bistros, clothing stores, a paper store...it's all very expensive, but super chic).

The Tea Market, to my surprise was actually very affordable, with some of the best teas.  One ounce of tea is $3.50 and comes in a resalable bag....two ounces is $6.50 and will be packed in a little silver tin, with a sticker placed on top.

She has a great assortment, a variety of flowering tea, jasmine pearls (one of my favorites), and a lot of fun/unique teas....the one I couldn't resist buying was Hot Cinnamon Spice it's a black tea that tastes like it's got red hot candies rolled in cinnamon included in the blend - it is slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and very heavy on cinnamon....only down side is there is so much cinnamon that escapes the strainer that I want to strain the tea twice.

Here's a few of the intriguing tea's I found at the Tea Market:
1. Peaches & Cream
"Sencha with ripe juicy peaches and smooth, velvety vanilla."
2. Cranberry & Roses
"A soothing blend of Sencha, mild cranberry, pomegranate and pink baby roses."
3. White Vanilla Grapefruit
"White teas infused with vanilla and grapefruit."
4. Holiday Dream
"Only here as long as the Season! Cloves, cinnamon, rose petals, almonds and vanilla."
5. Milk Taste Oolong
"A must try! Heady fragrance. Luscious creamy flavor. Rare treat!"


The website for the Crestwood shopping center -- http://crestwoodshops.com/the_Crestwood_Shops/the_Crestwood_Shops.html
And the Tea Market
http://www.teamarketonline.com/index.php

1 comment:

  1. Strangely, I have put a lot of thought into your dilemma. We have a similar dilemma when my folks come into town. I think you should try Afghan or Iranian food. Both basically consist of roasted meet and rice. Another great option is Salvadorean food. The menu will always feature steak and rotisserie chicken.

    ReplyDelete